The sources of the information contained in these databases are many and varied, I am especially indebted to :
The Railway Observer
- John Chalcott for access to his wonderful site Rail Photoprints Collection
- Raymond Townsin(UK) for his superbly accurate detail on the LMS Jubilee's
- Andrew James Scott for many details on some of the harder to source LNER Stock from his Yeadon's Books
- Barry Heath(UK) for his excellent notes on the BR Standards now a very good read
- Tom Jenkins(UK) for details of the Cleator & Workington Railway
- Tony(UK), for access to the Engine Shed Society Database
- John Roberts(AUS),For access to his Magnificent collection of books and Spotting Diaries. Thanks Mate !
- John Roberts(AUS)for many of his original photograph he has generously allowed me to use:
- Peter Kellett(UK)for many of his original photograph he has generously allowed me to use:
- Peter Kellett(UK),Without him the amount of withdrawal and scrapping detail would be less than half of what it is. Thank you Peter
- Bob Scott(UK), For finding help with data and Gallery Locations
- Bob Lewis(UK), For finding many errors and omissions
- Andrew Lait(UK), who's meticulous research added much to the previously sketchy GWR detail .
- Alan J.Hampson, another who took a great deal of trouble to help enormously with build and withdrawal details for all regions
- Geoff Coward(UK) who gave me the idea for this project
- Mad Martin Blanchard(AUS)(Adelaide).Who told me it was possible
- Peter Chadderton(AUS)for the loan of some of his Valuable RCTS Greenie's. when I had none
- Terry Heeley(UK)for his help with the Southern & GWR & some lovely pictures
- Peter Mills(AUS) for help and data input from GWR RCTS
- Michael McManus(UK)for detail from his excellent 'Ultimate Allocations'
- John Arden Smith(UK)for his assistance with many details
- Peter Richards(UK)of the SEMG Southern Rail site for some tremendous information which has helped make the SR database one of the most complete.
- Alistair Balderstone(UK)for help with the 9F's
- Ron Healey(NZ)for many of his original photographs has generously allowed me to use:
- Members of the LNER - GWR and Southern E-groups, for their helpful information
- The many places on the World Wide Web too numerous to remember where snippets have been picked up and incorporated.
- My own and some friends considerable library of books and magazines have proved an invaluable source especially those from;
Ian Allen Publications
- Full years from 1930 to 1968
Irwell Press Publications
- Locomotives Illustrated
- Combined ABC Locomotives 1948/50,1953,1956,1959,1962/63
and the following Authors & Publications
- British Railways Illustrated
- BR Standards
- Coronation Pacific's
All of the above were all a gold mine of information and I heartily recommend any and all of them for further reading
- The Railway Magazine 1950-1968 for allowing scans of their information to be published on the web
- Willie Yeadons "Locomotives of the LNER (50+ Volumes)"
- J.W.P Rowledge " GWR Locomotives allocations 1922-1967"
- JWP Rowledge "GWR Loco Allocations (1922)"
- JWP Rowledge "LMS Loco Allocations (1923)"
- JWP Rowledge "Stanier 4-6-0 of the LMS"
- JWP Rowledge "War Department 2-8-0 / 2-10-0 Loco's"
- Paul Teal "BR Motive power allocations BR Standards & Austerities"
- Nigel Trevena "Steam for scrap Vol's 1-3"
- Michael McManus "Ultimate Allocations"
- RCTS "Locomotives of the LNER"
- RCTS Locomotive Stock Books (Various)
- RCTS Railway Observer (1929-1968 complete)
- O.S. Knock various LNER Books
- Brian Haresnape
- Richard Derry "The BR Standards"
- 'The Power of.." series various
- Chris Banks "BR Locomotives"
- N.Groves / RCTS "Great Northern Loco History"
- John Marshall "Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway"
- Ken Hoole "Locomotive Stock of the NER (1920)"
- S.Summerson "Midland Railway Loco's"
- H.C.Casserley "London & South Western Locomotives"
- H.C.Casserley "Steam Loco's of British Railways"
- H C Casserley & S W Johnson "Locomotives at the Grouping GWR "
- H C Casserley & S W Johnson "Locomotives at the Grouping LMS"
- H C Casserley & S W Johnson "Locomotives at the Grouping Southern"
- W.S.Beckett "Express Loco Registers"
- Beyer Peacock Engine Books
- P.N. Townend "Top Shed"
- Bertram Baxter "British Locomotive Catalogue 1825 - 1923"